Thursday, December 31, 2009

As I spend my last few hours of 2009, I am tempted to look back and see what I wrote as this year started. I came across the following post (Read Here) where I promised myself that I should strive to keep my thoughts flowing and maybe get a few more readers on my blog. I am not sure if the latter happened, however a total of about 50 posts in 2009 is not bad considering that personally I went through a lot of ups and downs in the last few months – specially on the job front. The fact that I could initiate another blog (Filum Chillum) and act as an admin to yet another (XDSC Alumni) fills my heart with both self satisfaction and pleasure.
Looking back at other things that happened - It’s been almost an year since the Satyam scandal happened and a little over that since Mumbai was held hostage by a handful of militants and well, the trial of Ajmal Kasab still continues as I key this in. If this was not enough we have the Ruchika vs. DGP Rathore’s case reaching to a conclusion after 19 long years and to a verdict which shames the largest democracy in the world. The details about the case indicating Rathore’s misuse of his authority as published in the ‘Times Of India’ today disgust me and probably I shall pour my anger on this in a separate post.
Personally if I try and look back at what I gained and what I lost during these last 12 months and try to draw a balance sheet for 2009, these are the things that come to my mind:

  1. I did not lose even one ounce of weight. Instead, I added two inches to my waistline.

  2. I did not paint anything in the whole year. I guess I have lost how to hold a brush actually.

  3. I did buy a lot of new DVDs - almost all heard of art movies. Added ‘Mirza Ghalib’ to my collection but I am still hunting for the DVDs of ‘Gaman’ and ‘Garam Hawa’.

  4. I switched 3 organizations in one calendar year, have finally joined something which I never thought I would.

  5. I did not buy anything significant for family, got myself a new bike though.

  6. I saw my folks a little lesser than I thought I did last year. Somewhere along the line, I am losing out on who I was couple of years ago.

  7. I did make a couple of new friends. Yes, Ravin I am talking about you, so read this and smile.

  8. I still could not venture out to buy a house for myself or even apply for a house loan. I guess the gap between what I need and what I can afford widens.

  9. I finally bought a new phone this year though this one is much cheaper than my old black & white one and No, I am still not impressed by all those BlackBerry or touch screen phones available.

  10. After having planned for eleven long months, I finally went ahead and did a photowalk at Humayun’s tomb. The pictures were pathetic though. Let’s see when do I post them on my picasa albums.

  11. I lost my new pair of Reebok’s in their second week from outside a temple.

  12. I have been planning to visit someone very dear to me for a very long time. 12 months passed and I am yet to do that…
Humayun's 027 I don’t know what tomorrow shall bring. Maybe the coming year reopens a few wounds, maybe it heals a few, who knows? I guess celebrating the onset of a new year is about keeping the hopes alive. Hope – the inherent driving force of human nature. Hope to look forward to, hope to keep moving on.
With this thought, just like the last year, I wish all my friends, family members and readers a Very Happy New Year 2010. May the new year brings you peace and contentment in what ever you yearn and strive for.

8 comments :

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Atleast 1 new reader has been added to your list... :)

Himanshu, I dropped you a mail on GMAIL. Could you please check...

Himanshu Tandon said...

:)Sure, and a very recent addition too. BTW I have sent in reply to your mail.

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Thanks Himanshu... :) I will give you a call on Monday for sure. If you wish you can have a look at my blog http://fakegaurav.blogspot.com/.

Somethings may interest you here. :)

Roopa said...

Interesting...

Gia Fernandes said...

Happy 2010 Himanshu. I will try and make one thing on your list happen :-)

Ravin kapoor said...

Hey Himanshu,

You gave warmest 2010 start to me, nobody can give such a lovely new year gift to anyone.
Wish you a very charming and enchanting year ahead.
God bless you & your family as we belong to same family. See you soon.

Himanshu Tandon said...

Thanks Ravin & CC. Wishing the best of life and happiness for you in the year ahead. Have a very good one.

Unknown said...

and if you wld have picked up ur fone on time then ur 2010 completion list cld have been much better. :D

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.