Thursday, July 15, 2010

She wrote a little ‘bye’ on the screen and probably closed her chat window. I waited a while before I could make out what it meant. Didn’t know what to say, I sent in a smiley and wrote “wish you all happiness……….”

The ellipses at the end probably reflected the silence that engulfed me. Silence was all I was left with, long and deep and impregnated with a thousand thoughts in my head.

endsI would like to believe that she waited on the other end as well…waiting for me to write something that could make her say anything silly and then bring about a smile to both of us - a smile to end the argument, to be back, forgive each other once again and begin afresh.

It didn’t happen.

The chat window kept looking as I sighed and switched off my terminal. Probably she switched off hers too and the contact was lost. A love story finally ended over few bits of text.

5 comments :

NS said...

Nice one!!

A love story shouldn't end this way :(

Roopa said...

interesting... don't leave the thread so lose that it gets entangled on its own... and in case such a thing happens, make it a point to call back!!!

Anuja said...

Nice one..touching :(

Himanshu Tandon said...

@Nishtha, Anuja: Thanks a ton for your encouragement though it was a 'nothing' post.

@Roopa: Anger is a wonderful thing. It can make some people dumb and others deaf at the same time.

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Beautifully written!

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.