Tuesday, July 13, 2010

reunion

“ We prayed and sailed together then and the sun lit us alike. I remember as we shared an early dawn, the first monsoon showers and the fresh flowers of the spring. I recall the laughter that warmed us then and the breeze that cooled us all together. 

To the guests of my life,

I owe you a word of thanks for you shaped most of what I became later.”

__________________________________________________

Time flies. It sure does.

There are a couple of things I have always hated about growing up and perhaps drifting away from people and friends has always topped that list. I have never been very social but then there have been a few people I have cherished all along and it feels so very strange when you realize you haven’t really seen that special pal from school for over a decade now.

I met a couple of my friends from school this weekend. I was in touch with few of them and was meeting others after a gap of over a decade and a half. I guess it took us all a couple of minutes to gather how things had moved on and after the usual pleasantries and questions of whereabouts, time went back a couple of years and it all settled down to the rounds of leg pulling and carefree laughter as in days gone by.

It seems hard to believe that there was a time when I would meet most of these people on a daily basis. I am sure life, as we all know it now, shall never be the same again. Maybe we all shall meet again one of these days and warm ourselves in the sunshine of fair memories and freewheeling smiles and take a break from our mundane cycles to relive the days gone by – even if it is for a few hours.

For now, I guess I shall just look back at the picture taken at the venue and smile.

reunion2

3 comments :

Roopa said...

very well written... i believe you have summed up everyone's feelings... how i wish we could go back in time... really want to :(

NS said...

It's always warm, refreshing and nice to meet old frnz.

No matter how long you stay away from them without any connection, it just takes a few seconds to get back there where u started from.

Thanks to the networking sites for giving an opportunity to find ur long lost frnz :)

How do we know said...

That was a BIG reunion.. i cant dream of having so many of my school junta at one place...

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.