Friday, July 23, 2010

birthday-cakeAnother year whizzed by.

I look back at what I wrote 364 days ago about crossing over to the third decade of my life. Some moments of introspection and I arrive at a quick synopsis of what changed and what did not in one year. (Read about “The Crossover”)

BulletJust before I started keying this in, I gave away this day. I feel it no longer belongs to me anymore the way it used to, but more to someone else now.

Bullet My waistline added another inch. The weight refuses to go down. I am still a glutton, have a terrible eating disorder and (still) unwilling to do anything about it.

Bullet

I guess I have become a little more social, finally attended two school reunions and met few people after ages. Let’s see if I can continue to do so.

BulletI am still totally uncertain how my career graph would progress from where I am today despite making, what I think were, all the right moves.

Bullet

I have touched new lows. I have drifted further apart from where I wanted to be. The distance continues to grow every passing day.

Bullet

Got in touch with someone who thought that I was special years ago. I guess I was stupid enough then to snub people who cared.

Bullet

I have a new blood group now. It is called ‘Nescafe Black’. That reminds me, I need to fill my cup again.

Bullet

This post has become more cryptic than I thought it would be which just goes on to prove that I have not become any clearer or lesser abstract in my thought process.

BulletIt still feels ‘just another day’, ‘just another date’ but thanks to everyone who cared enough to remember this day and wish me. Thanks once again.

7 comments :

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Another mast post!!

Many happy returns of the day.... :)

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Next month I am going to write about my cross-over. :)

Himanshu Tandon said...

Gaurav: Thanks for all your wishes. Would eagerly wait for your write-up. About time you updated your blog.

Vinita said...

Hey bhaiya..wish u a very happy birthday..keep writing ur thoughts...

Aastha said...

"I have a new blood group now. It is called ‘Nescafe Black’ " :-D
Can always count on your posts to come up with killer wisdom!

Roopa said...

A good one... just that you need to write more often...

RiĂ  said...

Belated happy b'day!! Nice reflective post.

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.