Monday, June 8, 2009

Well much has happened between the last post and this one actually.

Before making this post I was hoping to write a review for a movie titled '99'. 13972I am sure most of you wouldn't have even heard of this one. But then, this happened to be one of the better made comedies in a long while and I would still recommend all my readers to grab its DVD and watch this in one straight sitting. Boman Irani is really commendable and though I don't like Kunal Khemu much, I think he has done a reasonable job. The icing on the cake is Cyrus Barocha who is funny even in scenes where he is just standing in the background doing nothing.

Anyway, while the movie was about acknowledging that even if you get out at a score of 99 and fail to make a century in life, you can be satisfied with the fact that you played really well to even reach that score.

However, I guess it is very different when you step out to hit a bigger shot and miss the line of the ball altogether and get out 'stumped'.

Well, let's just do away with the riddles. Coming straight to the point, it was on the fine morning of 18th of May (17th May happened to be the day I had watched '99') that it was announced that Intrasphere Technologies which happened to be my work place for past 3 years had decided to fold its operations in India.

The news came off as a surprise to most of us since for past some time it was being communicated that India office might be scaling up and growing base and recruiting more people and would be focusing on its core strengths of being the low cost solution for business needs and Blah Blah Blah !!!

Well, the only interpretation that I can give to what happened, is that perhaps someone in the driving seat missed out on the line of things altogether and aimed for a shot bigger than the ability and got the India office stumped out. It's a difficult choice actually, one can choose to just hung in there, nudging the ball for singles and doubles and carry forward an innings for a longer run or you can get out trying to play a fancy shot. In this case, I guess the latter happened?

Hmm..so what we did not forecast and planned for happened and the coming days saw all of us updating and uploading our resumes on various job portals and going crazy following consultants and seeking an alternate employment. (I am still looking, by the way, as I actually key this in)

Anyway, what happened was sudden but then as I always believe, whatever happens, is for good. Maybe, it happened for good too. I guess I had settled in easily in my chair and had almost become complacent about the stability and good things in life. Things were a little too perfect and I always had a hunch that something was round the corner, something that would upset this routine which had become way too comfortable. I was right. The experience of being out of work in a flash brought to fore, a thousand worries and a hundred anxieties I had never known and it showed friends and buddies in their true light.

I have been ringing up people, passing on my resume to everyone I could think of and well, friends are being tested for the kind of attention and empathy that they offer. I must say Kanwal, Himanshu Gauba and Pankaj Chooramani (Picture this, these are the guys I haven't met in months now) were the first ones to step up and render all help that they could. Though nothing seems to have materialized as yet, I shall always be thankful to these buddies for their sheer support. No offence to others who just conveniently sidelined themselves. Good luck to them.

Anyway, procrastination has not yet set in and I am still hopeful of finding some place for myself soon, but all this air of uncertainty around me and the way things have shaped up has given me a lesson for life - 'Not to ever drop your guard and take things for granted'. I guess this one shall go a long way.

Maybe if some prospective employer is going through this, appreciate this for the fact that I am determined and willed to put in a lot more in the next job that comes across. dragon_unemployed

Anyway, I guess the sun has just started beating down hard and I still have enough sap in me to carry me forward as yet. I am keeping my chin up and still smiling.

Let's see how things shape up from here and I shall keep documenting all what I learn from life in these days to come.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well written..All the Best!!!! I'm sure you'll find something real soon... My good wishes are with you..

Anonymous said...

This one is for my really really…… ridiculously good looking best friend HT 

As always it was a pleasure reading your post…..sad as it might feel now..I am sure some thing really really good is waiting for you….I know it sounds cliché..n you would be sooooooo tempted to strangle (or perhaps poison) me for pepping you up in such a mundane way ….but believe U me things will work out beautifully for you…..n a few weeks down the line you would be looking back n smiling at everything and being so proud of your new found success…(which I am sure will be really HUGE !!!)

In the innings of life….you are not 99..ure 101 NOT OUT, rearing to go further IA.
Here’s wishing all the very best to the firm which is fortunate enuff to have you on its rolls.

Hugs and much love,

Your friend,

Taliban Singh….( with a hovering eye  )

Parul said...

Hey just read ur blog.. wots up dude.. wasn't aware of this. How about calling me up morrow. I called u couple of days back(thu, 6/11) may be and ur ph was not reachable.. Pls call me morrow.

Take care-

Parul

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.