Sunday, January 31, 2010

Came across an article on the new age cinema in Pakistan and how a low budget horror flick by the name of ‘Zibaahkhaana’ (meaning Slaughter House and translated to Hell’s ground by the makers) was making waves at horror film festivals. I could even find a trailer for the same on YouTube (Click HERE).

Well, I have always had a despise for the Pakis and of course a brave heart to see blood and gore. I took the trouble of downloading and watching ‘Zibaahkhaana’ to see what was good about the same. Well, as it turned out it was no better than the Hollywood B-Grade Zombie films that were churned out during the 70s and early 80s and I am not even talking about the cheap powder caked faces for makeup.

So, just in case you share my relish for blood and gore and cheap horror flicks, the word of advice is buy yourself a pirated DVD of ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ and watch that instead and don’t waste your time and bandwidth getting the ‘acclaimed’ horror flick from across the border.

Or better still if you just want to be disgusted, here is my attempt. The pictures were taken couple of days ago at a nearby ‘Zibaahkhaana’ (the local butcher’s actually). The shots are incidental as I had just gone to buy some mutton and was in time to witness a beheading, skinning and chunking. The pictures are taken from the mobile but I guess they depict enough to be understood.

The following pictures like my other posts can be disturbing for the weak hearted…

beheaded

slaughterSkinning  

And please, if you now are going to come back and advice me on merits of being a vegetarian and act like you are Maneka Gandhi v2.0 yourself, just meet me at Kareem’s for few succulent Shammi Kebabs and a Rogan Josh handi and we can talk about being animal lovers.

But then, of course I love animals… you know, they taste so good !!!

5 comments :

NS said...

I am certainly gonna meet ya at Kareem's not for any advices but to share some :P

I love animals too and they taste yumm :)

KAYARBEE said...

What would the Kareem’s...sell had 'GOD'not made 'animals'..?...

Himanshu Tandon said...

@Nishtha: It's a deal then. Let's meet when I am back and let's go out for lunch.

@Bala Sir: Now that's an interesting thought. Maybe they would be selling Cream (Kareem's Cream) and that too from Soy Milk since there would be no animals. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I about the brief should acquire more info then it has.

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.