Thursday, February 11, 2010

be thereThere will be times when my voice won’t reach you, times when you shall rest your head on my chest and still won’t hear my heart call out your name. There will be times when the dust of long days shall mask the faces of friends and foes alike and it would be impossible to tell them apart. There also will be times when life shall not make much sense, when all reason shall fail and you shall look towards the skies with a question in your eyes.

There will be days when the weight on my shoulders shall become a load on your head, days when silence shall become deafening and you won’t be able to hear my cries in the resonance of calling predators. There will be days which would refuse to move along and give way to the evenings and days when the burning sun shall fail to dry your eyes.

On all such times your anger shall coagulate in your veins and cease to flow or seek a vent. On all such times your heart shall pound your soul even if you let a sigh escape your lips.  On all such times, a part of you shall rebel against the Gods and crave to prick open the scabs left by the sore memory. On all such times you would want to close the window and stand by the door and on all such times, the wait would be a lifetime.

For all those times I can only tell you to be resolute and let water in your eyes turn to ice; for all those times I can only wish that you stand tall and brave the winds and can only urge you to keep hope for rainbows to shine through after the rain. For all those times I can only pray for sun to shine your way and can only advise you to not worry about the shadows.

For all those times I shall want your heart to take strength from my love; for all those times I shall pay you a visit in your dreams and shall whisper my poems in your ears. For all those times I shall be the wind and would gently blow through your hair; for all those times I shall be the glow of fire to warm you through harsh winters.

Flowers on the graveFor all those times I shall sit by my grave and look at the flowers you brought me…

And for all those times I shall just tell you to “Be There” because I shall always be around.

7 comments :

NS said...

Phenomenal!!

There can't be a better explication of Love.

Anonymous said...

right..

Roopa said...

speechless... a good one...

Parul said...

beautiful.....

sumedha said...

amazing...!!!!!!!!

Anuja said...

loved it...:)

Roopa said...

It is great to revisit and re read the lovely posts... keep writing... and i truly feel that you should write more often... the day you get these done into a book, i would want to buy the first copy :-)

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.