Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My search ended yesterday.

I finally found you after nearly a decade. I waved at your reflection at the first chance I got, without realizing that you were perhaps no longer the person I once knew. I can’t put in words what I felt, when I saw you. Perhaps now, you shall never get to know my side of the story too.

There is now a lifetime between us, probably more.  I embarrassed myself yet again yesterday when I called out to you from across the road. Just, didn’t realize your hands were full, with other hands.

I still don’t know if it was wise on my part to even call out to you. We had parted without a goodbye and it still remained unsaid. Maybe that’s how it was supposed to be.

You looked away and I chose to let you go - again. The person you walked away with caught my waving hand and from a distance nodded his acknowledgement. His little gesture told me all that I needed to know. 

I smiled back and walked away in another direction; a little tear dried off before it could fall.

bye

Dedicated to the ‘Minnie Mouse’ and the train trip in a previous life.

4 comments :

NS said...

That was short and sweet :)

Himanshu Tandon said...

Hey..thanks girl.

Roopa said...

hmm... couldn't make out much.. but nicely written!!!

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Loved it... :)

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.