Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It’s only a game of cricket and not war, I repeat and can’t even convince myself. It is one day to go before the India Pakistan World Cup 2011 clash and the excitement is all time high. It has been ages since the two cricketing nations met in a stadium on the Indian soil and the spectators are expecting a 440v high tension game with national pride at stake.

afridi-gambhirUsually I am not the kind to feel charged up about a game like that but I guess the sheer history of the two nations adds the necessary fuel to the fire. I am upbeat just like every other Indian fan and praying for India’s win. In fact, it is not only a win that is wanted – every Indian fan wants the Pakistani team to be thrashed, beaten and humiliated in all departments of the game. Personally, I want Sachin to score a huge century, Sehwag to throw Pakistani bowlers out of the ground every second ball, Gambhir to pick up his bat and burst Afridi’s skull open, Yuvraj to repeat his 6 sixes, Zaheer to pick up a hat-trick and well Indian fans chanting “India…India…” all the way along.

I guess, I have always been a little extra vocal and explicit with my words when it comes to expressing myself about Pakistan. I guess my patriotism stems from the anti-Pakistan sentiments than core love for the country much like most people of my generation. Before the wounds of Kargil could heal, India bore the scars of the attack on the Parliament, the serial bombing in Delhi and then the Mumbai 26/11 episode. ‘Samjhauta express’ and ‘Aman ki Aasha’ my foot, I’d rather eat tons of TNT and explode in Islamabad.

While this upcoming clash on the Cricket ground has become an open opportunity for the political honchos in both the nations, the sheer sentiment on the street can not be ignored. I have heard my friends swear that they shall stop buying all products endorsed by the cricketers if India lose, and then there are others who are willing to forgive the Indian team the defeat in the finals if they just win the semi-final against Pakistan.

We shall all know which way the tide shall turn in little over 24 hours from now and whatever be the outcome this match would be talked about for a long long time. Such big games can create history and provides an opportunity to every member in the Indian squad to be a hero.

So, join me in wishing the Indian team and praying for a colossal win over bloody, mother**** Pakis tomorrow and expect a stinker of a post the next day if India loses (they better not)..

0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.