Saturday, September 24, 2011

baba farid My recent reading has been the kalaam of Baba Farid and I have come across some very fine couplets rich in meaning and easy to imbibe. I may have lost my voice but the Sufi sings in loud and clear.

Here are a few to read and cherish and well those who can’t follow what they mean, drop in an email. Maybe I shall be able to translate and interpret them for you. The transliteration is done using google and though I have tried to be as accurate as possible, I can’t totally guarantee the word to read the same way as in Punjabi/Multani dialect in which they would have been first uttered. Nonetheless a good read overall. Enjoy.

चार गंवाया हंड के 
चार गंवाया सम्म
लेखा रब मंगेसिया
तू आया केहड़े कम

फरीदा ख़ाक ना निंदिये
खाकों जेड़ा ना कोई
जिवंदियाँ पैरां तले
मोयां उप्पर होई

रत्ती रात ना निकले
जे तन चीरे कोय
जो तन रत्ते रब सयों
तिन तन रात ना होय

काले मेंढे कपड़े
काला मेंढा वेस
गुनिहाँ भरया मैं फिरां
लोक अखेंदे दरवेस

देख फरीदा जो थिया
दाढ़ी होई भूर
अग्गों नेड़े आया
पिच्छा रह गया दूर

फरीदा कोठे, मंडप, मढ़िया
एत ना लाये चित
जे मिटटी पई अटोल्वे
होसी न कोई मित
 
In case you feel like listening to them, here’s a link. Click HERE

0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.