Wednesday, May 16, 2012

By the time you read this, I would be gone. Gone long enough to have never existed. A story untold, forgotten between the pages which never shook. I stand alone in this vast emptiness holding onto the last shreds that you left me with. But there are no complaints. I guess, I must have walked this infinite silence before to not be afraid of it now. It doesn’t bother me or scare me any more.

The only thing which disturbs this palling silence is the constant beating of my heart. I am beginning to hate the sound of it thumping against my cage. The throbbing veins distract me and my trance is frequently shaken. The piercing rays of sunshine burn my eyelids. I can no longer keep them closed, can’t risk my eyes open either. Blinded by the Sun and torn away by wind, I wish to sink down in the sand, become a part of this desert and blend into this timeless insanity.

payback Why did you wake me up from my tomb? I was happy lying embalmed next to the carcass of my dreams and hopes. You promised to resurrect me, only to leave me torn and wounded. The pain which I had long forgotten now returns with a greater recognition. You robbed me of my beatitude – my liberation and left me destitute at the mercy of time all over again. However, I won’t tie myself to the tether of your being now. I shall start walking when the Sun goes down today and the soothing darkness takes over and will cross the bridge that links the two ends of this life. Before you wake up tomorrow and return to stab me again, I will have walked out of the reach of your embrace.

I know I have missed my chance to break this cycle and I am now stuck in this infinite loop. Maybe I shall see you again at some other cross road. I know I shall recognize you no matter how you are dressed but that time I won’t stop and exchange pleasantries. I shall pass by you as a stranger and will leave you searching forever.

Maybe that shall be a fitting reply – my payback and retribution.

2 comments :

Roopa said...

Hmmmm... Nice one...pay back...retribution...well written as ever...

Himanshu Tandon said...

@Roopa: Thanks :)

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.