Monday, November 25, 2013

I saw you standing there waiting a little longer as I turned round the corner. I stopped behind the wall and watched you wiping that lone tear off your cheek and then turning to head back into your building. You went upstairs and I drove on, back to someone else’s life, someone else’s household to be someone I never was in the first place.

As I drove back, I passed by the town center and the same buildings we had visited during the day. The chapel glowed in the setting sun and the horses cast in stone looked on solemnly. The bridge I had crossed during the day would now never be the same. A river separates us, every day a boat would cross it from one bank to the other but we won’t be on it. Not for a while I guess. It’s a sad situation and yet beautiful. The longing never ceases and the aftertaste of pain is intoxicating, dreamy by its own virtue. It trickles out of the veins one little drop at a time. The wound never scabs, never heals and never stops flowing.

As I crossed the city limits, the sky burst out in flames, melting down whatever that was left of my soul. Gulzar’s rendition of one of Amrita Pritam’s poems shattered the silence within. I am reminded one of previous posts. Here is the link just in case you someday find this post and are left wondering what I meant and the picture of sky below.

Till We Meet Again

You said you would never say goodbye or bid me farewell and that you would always want to believe that this parting is not the final one and that someday somewhere you will meet me again…meet me for good. I hope that stays true, for this life and whatever exists beyond it. It’s funny when we talk about it, contradicting each other at times. I guess I would call you now and ask you to smile again and I hope you don’t lie to me about it.

Keep smiling.. till we meet again…


3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I hope you keep meeting her till the end of the times and when the time ends, I pray for you to be together forever.

The Cloudcutter said...

Sigh... this is so beautiful. I've read it over and over and the sadness just seeps in and turns into a desire to experience that yearning.

This is my favourite line:

"The longing never ceases and the aftertaste of pain is intoxicating, dreamy by its own virtue."

Just gorgeous!

The Cloudcutter said...

Sigh... this is so beautiful. I've read it over and over and the sadness just seeps in and turns into a desire to experience that yearning.

This is my favourite line:

"The longing never ceases and the aftertaste of pain is intoxicating, dreamy by its own virtue."

Just gorgeous!

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.