Sunday, March 23, 2014

SONY DSC Happiness is a brazen wench. It needs to be paid to seek its company. Most often, it leaves you destitute, addicted and wanting for more. The sated soul is the one that expects nothing. It is in silence that one learns most about oneself, what one is actually capable of, how high can one fly, how deep can one fall. The silence speaks volumes when it is between two people who just discovered that they can’t live with or without each other. People use words for expression, however greater are the tales when they are supplemented when there are no words exchanged at all. Silence is all pervasive, it is sound that pollutes this pure, unadulterated emotion.

I cherish my share of silence, no matter how miniscule a fraction it has now reduced to, in proportion to my other life. It is all enveloping and I love to dive deep into it. I often drown myself in loud music just to distance myself and space out into the silence that rises within. Silence is comforting, assuring and bankable. I guess, I I will nurture it, hold this silence close to my heart, embrace it and feed it chunks from my soul and raise it till it is big enough to last me a life time. 

Someday, I will let a little pearl of silence to fall off your eyes and break at your lips. Maybe I will catch it with a finger before it decides to jump off your cheek and hold it captive on my finger. I will thread these pearls again and wear it around my neck as a reminder that we trampled the moon one night at a time and stashed the Sun behind closed curtains, one day a piece. Between these nights and days, sits our space and time bound by your silence and mine.

I will wait until my head is laden with your thoughts and they bring me down to my knees. In that moment of my solitude, I will think of you. Perhaps an echo will finally find its way to you - the echo of a shrill, deafening silent cry, the thump of a tear die out on my pillow, the crash of all our dreams.

Enjoy the silence, until then…


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Silence alone is worthy to be heard... Silence is worth a thousand words!!!

Roopa said...

Well written.. silence is important for introspection!

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.