Monday, December 10, 2018

“It is difficult to tell at times, if holding on makes you feel stronger, or letting go does”.


“When are you leaving?” he asked.
”Around 20th, I guess” she replied and stirred the sugar in her coffee mug.

“It’s a long flight, isn’t it?” he asked.
”Yeah about 16 hours.” she said and took a sip.

“So it will be long before I get to see you again now, months or years perhaps.” He looked up and then out of the glass window of the cafĂ© and sighed.
”Well, I won’t be coming back for an year at least, but why don’t you plan and come down and see me during the summer holidays.” she tried to reason out.

”Hmm…” he mused.
”So,  when do you fly?” she was almost playful now.

He looked up at her, met her gaze and replied, “I fly, as soon as I grow some wings. I would soar high, cross the oceans and will then maybe come and see you too.” he went quiet and let his eyes well up.

They sat in silence for the rest of the evening, finished their coffee, shook hands and said a bye.

Labor Day concept: Silhouette of bird flying and broken chains at sunset background.


0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.