Monday, September 13, 2010

I shall let you go as you asked me to. Maybe you are better off without me, maybe you shall find peace in the vast emptiness that will spread itself behind me. Maybe you shall be content with what you had before I ransacked your inner sanctum. 

let goI shall let you go because perhaps you deserve a new morning, a brighter warmer sun and the brewing cup of tea just the way you savor. I shall let you go because the resplendence of a chandelier better lights up the marble of your body than it reflects the half baked clay of my being. I shall let you go so you can seek laughter in the springs and paint the valley green - there isn’t much color left around in my palette anyhow. I shall let you go because I must fulfill all that you ask of me.

And I shall go, not because I am tired of you or because I have worn my bones or have lost hope for better love. I shall go because I can’t see you in silent agony, waiting for me to come to you at the end of the day. I shall go because I need to learn to let you be in your world – the world which was a placid lake before I jumped in and caused whirls of commotion and disaster to wreck what was legally rightfully yours. I shall go because I must face myself alone and learn to be someone I know I never will be. I shall go because I can no longer live to be myself. I shall go because you finally gave up on me and because I need to learn to die and since once I must, I guess I would take your leave now.

Before I walk out of that door I shall let you a secret that I kept from you. I never believed in an after-life or reincarnation. This just means that I shall not return, not even for your sake. Do not grieve me for I shall walk without leaving a print behind. I shall not make a sound as I pass by your window and I shall hold my breath as I sigh last at the moon tonight. I know you shall not turn around now or open the door again and this maybe the last time that I bend my knees on the flight of stairs to your house.

I entrust you to the time and destiny once more. If our paths cross again some day, I shall hold you to my heart and feel your face with my fingers just as ever. Maybe you shall gel into me then and there would be no questions left for me to answer. But, if that doesn’t happen my love, then this becomes our final moment of truth. We part away, for once and for ever, the hatchet buried deep in our soul, the wound set to remain fresh till we breathe our last.

Farewell !!!

6 comments :

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Touchy!! I liked the expression, "before I ransacked your inner sanctum"...

Himanshu Tandon said...

@Gaurav: Thanks, you never cease to amaze me with your prompt comments.

Anonymous said...

Good one!
Sonia:)

Roopa said...

Live ...

How do we know said...

Fiction? Really well written.

Anonymous said...

very touching....

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.