Saturday, January 1, 2011

I remember being retrospective about the year 2009 almost at the same time an year ago. (Read ‘As I Look Back’) I guess its time to do so for the year just gone by.

2010 was an year of varied hues. Apart from the regular crests and troughs, the year was special on more than one ground. I look back at the year gone by and the following things come to my mind.

I, THE TRAVELER

USA Flag I spent the first three months of the year away from family and friends on my first trip to CA, US. The experience of visiting Hollywood, Six Flags and Universal Studios makes me want to go back over and over again.

I also met some very nice people during this period. (Devender Sir, Manvinder, Rob, Srikanth, Jai, Soheila, Liz, Matt Kott and everyone else at Amgen). I would like to place a special word of thanks to Rob for all his time and patience with me. He truly went out of the way to extend a helping hand. Had it not been for him, I guess I would have felt all lost on this trip. This time also saw me rediscover a few people I had known earlier. I guess spending time with Saurabh Goyal on the Amgen trip helped build a new camaraderie on both personal and professional front which I hope shall go from strength to strength this year and times ahead.

THE NOCTURNAL ME

guy_at_computer If January to April were spent away from home, the next three months saw me give ample time at home. I spent these twelve weeks working in the Pacific Time and working from home, supporting the project remotely. Sleep had never been a problem for me and this meant that I had all the time in the world during the day to pursue my interests and laze around.

This period was also essentially spent in looking after Priyanka who was now expecting our little princess – Riddhie. The routine medical check-ups and monitoring the diet plans and other things for Priyanka took all the time left and before I realized I was already sitting at the last quarter of the year.

THE MIXED BAG

This year was an astute reminder of the fact that joy and sorrow go hand in hand. Priyanka’s mother decided to walk out on us barely a fortnight before Riddhie was born. It was a tough period both as a daughter and as a mother for Priyanka and those couple of days were really testing on the emotional front.

baby-girlHowever, time heals everything and with our little butterfly bringing in new colors in our lives everyday, I feel blessed to have our angel and thank Almighty for His benevolence and kindness. Pray that good days and good times continue shining the road ahead.

THE 2011 SAGA AHEAD

dholi Of all things that year 2011 promises to bring, the one I see right now is a string of family functions and gatherings around the planned weddings in the family. All people close to us have decided to tie the knot in first few months ahead.

I wish everyone all the happiness in the world but I guess this also means shopping for clothes and accessories for self and others (something I hate to the core), travelling, smiling incessantly and greeting people you feel like kicking and etc. etc. etc.

Well, probably I shall get more fodder for thoughts and since I have done a little badly than last year on my blog, I guess it might just be a blessing in disguise. So till that happens, enjoy the feeble sunlight on this first day of January 2011 and well, take care.

0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.