Saturday, April 9, 2011

I am amused at your sitting in silence with your head turned away, not wanting to look at me. What amuses me more is to see you checking the flowing water with your fingers for any messages in a bottle that I might have sent your way. I look at you from the other side and watch you fiddle with the rocks on shore and decide to play along in this little game of yours.

Perhaps you want me to cross this little brook between us and reach out to you. Maybe my calling over from my end is not enough for you or maybe it does not quite comply with the rules that you have set for your game. I call out and you decide to look away again; we could play like this all day long and I guess it would not tire me one bit.

Maybe I should wait for a while before calling out again. Maybe I should let you think about how you would want to win this and then wait for you to stand up and make your declaration and then we could go back home picking berries on our way.

We sure can’t go on like this forever. Soon the tide shall rise and the gap between us shall widen. You shall then have to walk all the way to the bridge to come over to this side. The light fades fast these days and we must return before it is time to drive the herd home.

angry The cool spray rises again and the foam splashes your face. I can see through your veil and see your eyes sparkle. Maybe its time for you to throw your hair back and laugh it all off. The sunshine bounces off the gleaming water and glows off your face and I think I saw the little drop run from your hair to your lips. You pinch the tiny drop and let it die there in agony, perhaps letting me know that you have been angry all this time.

I can’t say for sure now. I thought I would let you play for a while and we would return to the woods and lie down on the grass and watch the clouds just as we always did. I guess I need to find something to get your attention now. Maybe I shall catch the rainbow painted butterfly you always wanted and call you to have a look. Maybe I shall fill my palms with the morning dew and honey and invite you over for a sip.

Be there, till I return then. I shall bring in your prize and we shall announce you as the winner. The game is fun but I am not sure if I want to play it again now.

3 comments :

The Cloudcutter said...

The game. Everyone plays it, only the rules change. But it's fun.
Nice piece!

Himanshu Tandon said...

Hey CC. Been ages since I heard from you. Thanks for dropping by.

Roopa said...

There are people who keep revisitng your blog to read the posts over and over again... keep writing more often!!!

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.