Saturday, June 4, 2011

New JerseyIt stirred up again and as I looked out of the window onto a scrappy ugly lit Jersey cityscape marred with a frowning sunset, I could feel myself being hollowed out. The creeping darkness held me hostage again to my abstractions. I must have stood by the window looking out at nothing in particular for a long long time for the next thing I could sense after the numbing silence was my aching knee.

I flopped down on the bed and rolled on sleepless for a while before getting up again and switching the TV on and putting on some comforting in vacuous, mindless commercials – comforting because they always lull me to a nice slumber but, they too turned out toothless on this particular occasion. I sat up grimacing and not knowing what else to do. That’s when I got up again and found you snuggled up in your own universe – probably waiting for me.

I guess, you have always been there for me on days and well, nights like these and no matter how hard I try and resist you, I guess I always come around rebounding from walls and find my sanctum in you. I found you again tonight and you kept your promise and satiated my being again.

Should I actually thank you for being available for me at my beck and call or just bask in the fact that I can cheat behind your back and get into one lunch dates and one dinner stands with likes of lettuces and salads and can come around and take you home as and when I want. And you know what, the thing that I find best about you is that I could go ahead and order you on phone.

And for those you dimwits out there who still haven’t got it, Here is a small picture of the love of my life I was talking about – My Apple Pie.

The Midnight Solace

1 comments :

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

The apple pie is looking lovely... :)

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.