Friday, June 29, 2012

Once there was a day that was born out of the womb of a sleepless night, a day which gave way to a weary sluggish afternoon and a forlorn sad and grey evening.

The evening sat by the fireplace whimpering its woes in a melancholic note. It kept stirring the crackling wood, flashing an obscene flare every now and then until all red turned grey and cinders coughed about signaling that the night was knocking up again.

I looked up and saw the first star smile in feebly across a deep violet sky. The sparkles soon grew in numbers and I slowly reclined in the lap of dry grass underneath. The night soon spread its blanket and I decided to call it a day.

The day had passed by like many others, gnawing my being away - one bite at a time. Soon another one would follow, urge me on and then lose the strength of its call and succumb on its own. The cycle continues, the night calls in again, I change sides and slump down to erratic slumber - once again.

Good night world, until another day, another morning….!!!

night

3 comments :

How do we know said...

its sad, but its poetic.

Aastha said...

Good one, just as ever.

Himanshu Tandon said...

@HDWK - Yeah, it is.
@Aastha - Thanks girl, ages since I got you back on the blog.

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.