Saturday, June 30, 2012

Never thought this would make it from the drafts..It just seemed better after I read it last night than the time when I wrote it. Interestingly, this was written impromptu without a break or bothering about a rhyming scheme. Just before I decided to post it I noticed that there was a similar post done a couple of weeks before this but in Hindi which I had then titled “अनकही…”.

Posting the two together…

A LETTER TO WRITE
 
Someday I shall burn my fingers
and will write to you
a letter full of dreams and songs
of colors and rainbows galore
of pastures and lands and greens
of angels and fairies and all lore
I shall stump my hands
and lay a meadow
and let you walk all over me
in a hope to catch your shadow
 
I shall script what I breathe
and the letter would say it all
all what is silent and unsaid
and still hidden behind a pall
I wish you shall see through
the paper, the lines and fine spread
and it will always say a different thing
and perhaps will forever be unread
 
अनकही 
 
कल रात फिर तुम्हें
मैंने एक ख़त लिखा था
कागज़ पर पानी से भीगा
फिर एक चेहरा छोड़ा था
कुछ अधूरे ख्व़ाब कुछ
नाशाद कलाम किये थे
कुछ बकाया वादे कुछ
सलाम नज़र किये थे

आँखों में जो सूख चला था
कुछ वो ज़ख्म हरा हुआ
सीने से निकला फिर जो
था कुछ ग़ुबार भरा हुआ
एक उम्र की दूरी जो थी
वो पन्नों में उतर गयी
एक पल की कहानी जो थी
वो फिर अनकही रह गयी

Feather

3 comments :

How do we know said...

i loved both the pieces! they're beautiful!

Himanshu Tandon said...

@HDWK - Thanks. Always encouraging to hear from you :)

The Cloudcutter said...

The unsaid is always deeper, truer and more beautiful than anything we could ever utter. It's like a treasure that loses its sheen upon being revealed. And nobody writes about it better than you!

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.