Monday, November 10, 2014

He played with keen interest, unmindful of the world around, sitting less than 10 feet away from my car. The halt on the red light was longer than usual and the sound of his tinkering with a mason's trowel seeped in through my rolled down windows and I looked on for a moment longer than necessary. He was engrossed in his game and continued playing on, building his own little world under the shed from where the cement mix dripped around him. He had all the toys he wanted.

"Papa, I need a new Barbie today, the one with a red skirt " my daughter exclaimed that very moment. She wanted a new doll to match the red pants she was wearing.

"Of course, dear. We will get one on our way back." I replied, switched on the air conditioning, rolled the windows up and drove on.

20141107_101205


2 comments :

Roopa said...

Hmm.. thought provoking!

How do we know said...

a toy is a toy is a toy... we underestimate the resilience of a child's heart.

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.