Saturday, April 25, 2015

I was as confused as one could be. I hadn’t known these feelings before. My mind was playing dirty games. I looked around and it took me an extra minute to realize that nothing around me had changed. I was in my room, on my bed and in the same clothes I had slept the night before. I pinched myself – and it hurt. I was awake and it was all real.

I had woken up with an unbelievable urge to be on my toes and start running. I held on to my breath – what was I thinking? But the feeling was genuine and rattling. I woke up so fresh that I wanted to put on my running shoes and jog all around the town. I wanted to flex my muscles, do a thousand crunches and sit-ups and push-ups and all the stuff I ever knew. I wanted to hit the gym and lose all the flab. It was baffling the kind of things I wanted to do that minute.

bacon

I had slept perfectly normal and wasn’t even under any sort of hang over or influence. I recalled that I had a normal regular dinner and wasn’t even abusing any substance. There was no medicine I took, not even an antacid. And then a worrying thought struck me. Maybe I had died in my sleep and was probably stuck in realms and had become a ghost of sorts. I called out to my wife and there was no response. I looked around to see if I was floating and if my body was still on the bed or lying some place around. I didn’t see anything. To compound my surprise, my wife walked in as well and wanted to know if I would be going to the office.

Damn !! It was all real. What would I do now?

 

extrafriesI might have to give up on my dinner altogether. No more cheese cakes, no more juicy steaks or kebabs, no more ‘aaloo ke paranthe’. They may even take my tub of ice cream and pudding away. I was sure they won’t even stop then and there will be curbs on my sodas, cold coffees, shakes and Vodkas. This couldn’t be happening to me. I was devastated. My whole life would be burnt down to cinders. The feeling to exercise was momentary – the aftermath of it would be lasting.

I thought about it for another second and then with the agility that would put an avenger to shame and would give Superman a run for his money (if he carried any in his underpants). Faster than a speeding bullet, I swirled on the bed and in one swift action, pulled the sheet over my head. I had taken the decision.

I would wait until this nasty feeling of exercising and killing myself on a treadmill would pass. Yup, I will wait. The weight is good :D


0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.