Saturday, August 20, 2016

We are neither as tall, nor as short as the shadows we cast…

I have always tried to keep my perceptions and decisions about people and my opinion and knowledge about life, pertinent and confined, to the moment I live in. It has prevented me from staying biased and has kept me adaptable and flexible enough to forgive, forget and embrace with ease. I don’t hate forever and I don’t love too long either, unless of course the course of the actions that have led me to love or hate or stay indifferent is repeated periodically. Given time and if left alone, I move on swiftly and easily and without much sound. You may find this disturbing and rattling about me but this is one thing that defines me and sets me apart from the mannequins you have been living with all your life.

shadowI do not wish to be consumed by a constant urge to justify myself to you on a daily basis. I am who, I am and I don’t owe any explanation to anyone for being or becoming who I am. If I am a monster, so be it. Judge me only when you are absolved and granted remission from your sins. I do not subscribe to your reference frame of morality and will set my own alarm for the judgment day. When you rise, you will no longer need a companion in your journey. Carry your own bags and just walk on. The other side of the universe is open to all. I will see you there, if we do not conclude our battle here.

We have been spitting venom regularly, in the dirt we dragged in with our shoes and it is now turning the living room into a swamp. The quagmire sucks us in slowly with every passing day and soon the sludge and grime will fill our nostrils and stifle us. I am not worried about the inevitability of this sordid finish, set in this already squalid, overcrowded life – it can’t be overturned now. I had hoped and vied for a better funeral but I guess cadavers of certain relationships are meant to be just tossed into a raging river and be forgotten than be allowed a commemoration, epitaph or a grave.

Someday when you will no longer be mesmerized and consumed by the play of shadows, you will realize that all this time you were standing with your back towards the Sun. When you turn around towards the source of light, you are no longer perturbed and deranged by the dark shades anymore. The truth, no matter how blinding, is always liberating.

I am not the shadow I cast on the wall, no matter how tall or short it is and frankly I don’t give a damn if it appears crooked as well to you. When the light fills us, all shadows will be lost. However, only one of us will survive to see it. I will be disappointed if I am the one left behind and trust me you will be bitter, if you do.


0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.