Thursday, June 27, 2013

Now this is a little photograph restoration Photoshop project that I took up and though it is not something unique but having accomplished this on a few special family photos was something that made me feel happy doing it and hence the process, though tedious, seemed worthwhile.

To the left is the original picture and to the right a digitally ‘hand’ colored final result.


Picture 1
: This one was probably taken around 1978 or so and is a studio shot of my mom and dad. I guessed the color of the background and the carpet and my dad’s trousers but I remembered having seen his shirt and mom’s saree and tried matching the original shade for a more authentic result.

Colorizing Old Pics1


Picture 2
: Now, this one is an even older picture (probably from early 1960s) considering that the boy seen on the left is my dad with his grandmother (yeah, the same guy from picture above) with my uncle on the right. The color scheme was all guesswork and I kind of admit that though the purple tinge on his shirt is not desirable, I was kind of pleased with the way the yellow on my uncle’s shirt surfaced out. Of course, the noise and the grain on the original made it harder to get to the final result but at the end of it, I am pleased about how this turned out to be.

Colorizing Old Pics

 

To all my friends out there who might be wondering if I would be willing to do a similar project for their old family pictures, do mail them across and I will see if I can be of any help. The only thing I seek in return is your permission for me to share the picture on my blog (of course only if I am pleased with the results myself) :)

4 comments :

Roopa said...

Good job! As always, I'm willing

Himanshu Tandon said...

Roopa - You know where to email the pics :)

How do we know said...

yamazing... as ever, am impressed.

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Great Job.... :)

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.