Thursday, June 13, 2013

I know you are watching me here. I know that you come back every now and then to check if I had been writing, if I added anything of substance, if I made a fleeting reference to you or what we share(d) and that a smile escapes your lips whenever you find pieces of ‘us’ in these random shreds.

I know that you will hold on to the curtains and stay invisible, silent and anonymous for eternity so as to speak. But maybe once in a while, during a tempestuous night when waves lash the keel, you will row out to my end of the shore and let a tear break at your lips.

Perhaps on one of those nights, if you ever decide to step down from your vessel, you might find buried in the sand, a message in the bottle, I left for you in my last life.

To keep that russet message and fainting ink breathing, tonight before I rest my head and close my eyes, I leave for you another note, here…right here.

I will not put any words in it – just a sigh, a moment of silence and a gaze at the setting sun. Just a note, a little note to say, I know.

message_bottle_01

7 comments :

The Cloudcutter said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Good one... I know...

Aastha said...

And knowing that 'you know' matters a lot!

Loved the post.

Himanshu Tandon said...

CC: Hi, Good to hear from you after long. Hope everything is good at your end.

Aastha: It does :)

Anshikka said...

Was going through your random celebration was surprised how I missed reading this one. I know that you know that is only thing that matters.......

Anshikka said...

I read late this one I guess :) too good

How do we know said...

I came here from the recent comments. awesome post.

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.